We as a company of God's people believe and seek with the Lords help to
uphold the following basic truths of the Christian faith. We require those
wishing to be admitted into membership with us also be in full agreement with
- The full inspiration of the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments;
their authority and sufficiency in all matters of faith and conduct and not as
only containing, but being in themselves the Word of God; The reliability of
the New Testament in its testimony to the character and authorship of the Old
- The unity of the Godhead and divine co-equality of the Father, the Son and
the Holy Spirit; the sovereignty of God in creation, providence and
- The total depravity of human nature in the consequence of the fall, and
the necessity for regeneration.
- The true and proper deity of our Lord Jesus Christ; His virgin birth; His
real and perfect manhood; the authority of His teaching and the infallibility
of all His utterances; His work of atonement for the sin of mankind by His
substitutionary sufferings and death; His bodily resurrection, and his
ascension into heaven; and His present priestly intercession for His people at
the right hand of the Father.
- The justification of the sinner solely by faith in our Lord and Saviour
- The necessity of the Holy Spirit in regeneration, conversion,
sanctification, ministry and worship and for a true and spiritual
understanding of the Scriptures.
- The universal Church, the body of which Christ is the Head, embracing all
the redeemed of all time, called by God through the Gospel, born of the
Spirit, and justified by faith. The local Church comprising such believers as
the expression of the universal Church; and fellowship between such Churches,
manifesting the unity of the body of Christ.
- The ordinances of Baptism and the Lord's Supper as being instituted by our
Lord Jesus Christ; in baptism by immersion and as testimony to new life in
Christ and not as conveying regenerating grace, in the Lord's Supper as a
memorial to and proclamation of our Lord's atoning work, until He returns and
not as being a sacrifice for sin nor involving any change in the substance of
the bread and wine.
- The personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ in glory.
- The resurrection of the body, the judgment of the world by our Lord Jesus
Christ with the eternal blessedness of the righteous and the eternal
punishment of the wicked.